Diet plan for diabetes patient should include high-value balanced elements. In the mean time, his diet must contain types of foods that are low in fat and sugars. By this way we can ensure keeping relative stability for the level of sugar in the blood.
Choosing the best diet for diabetes patients:
It is important to choose a healthy diet that contains a low percentage of carbohydrates and sugar, and is rich with good nutrients, as: fruit, vegetables, fish, white meat and whole starch. While unhealthy foods that contain high calorie content should be avoided completely, including fried foods, candies and soft drinks.
Examples for the best foods for diabetes diet:
- Green beans, as they are rich in fiber, magnesium, and potassium. Beans are also a good source of protein and do not contain saturated fat.
- Also vegetables with dark green leaves such as spinach, cabbage and turnips are excellent sources of essential vitamins and minerals that do not contain any carbohydrates or calories.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons are a major source of vitamin C and soluble fiber, as well as berries that are rich in antioxidants.
- Tomato is also a main element in many foods and is a healthy diet option for diabetes patients.
- Also fish, whole grains and nuts, and skinned milk are also essential elements in the diet of diabetics to provide them with high nutritional value free of sugars, fats and carbohydrates.
A diet plan for diabetes patient:
Breakfast: A well-boiled egg or a hundred grams of low- fat cheese, or three tablespoons of beans, with a little oil and lemon. In addition to that, a loaf of bread and a cup of tea or coffee without sugar.
Lunch: a dish of green salad, one hundred grams of grilled or boiled meat, or one hundred and fifty grams of skimmed chicken, and a dish of cooked vegetables with a loaf of bread.
Dinner: One cup of yogurt, or skimmed milk, one boiled egg, and one loaf of bread, as well as one kind of fruit.