Green tea is a type of tea, which is a low oxidation tea unlike red tea, and green tea is brought immediately after picking leaves. It is one of the most important nutrition elements, which contains a high proportion of compounds and elements necessary for the body, including vitamins and minerals, as well as dietary fiber and antioxidants, these elements have an effective role in maintaining the overall level of health and avoid the incidence of various health problems.
The Benefits of Green tea:
- It works to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It protects us against cancer, because it contains enzymes which kill blood vessels that feed malignancies.
- Taking it in moderate amounts can help you lose excess weight.
- It helps to facilitate digestion, and works as a treatment for constipation.
- It contains fluoride which is useful for teeth and prevents its decay.
- It works for strengthening the memory and preventing rheumatism.
- It protects the skin from the harmful tea and cures skin burns.
- It helps to delay the appearance of signs of aging and the appearance of wrinkles, and helps to get fresh and smooth skin.
What are the benefits of green tea for diabetes patients?
- Green tea reduces blood sugar, and sugar is responsible for storing glucose in the form of fats. Thus, when reducing the sugar, it leads to reducing the proportion of fat in the body.
- Green tea contains two substances (Bricose and Glycet), both of which are used in medicines prescribed for diabetes patients.
- It prevents insulin disorders and prevents the rapid increase of sugar levels suddenly.
- Green tea is an antioxidant and it is recommended to drink it with foods containing starch.
- Drinking green tea regularly reduces the risk of developing diabetes 2.
Methods for preparation of green tea:
Ingredients: a bag of green tea, some sugar, a cup of hot water, mint leaves.
Method: Prepare hot water and put in a little sugar and the tea bag, and stir. Then, put a few leaves of green mint and drink it hot.