The blood sugar rises after eating, but it returns to normal levels by the action of insulin hormone, which is secreted from the islands of Langerhans in the pancreas, but if not decreased, there is a problem in the secretion of insulin either less than needed, or not secreted at all this so-called type 1 diabetes, insulin-dependent diabetes, in this case, the patient takes insulin needles after every meal throughout his life. There are another types, as gestational diabetes, it affects women during pregnancy, and be cured after childbirth, and the second type of diabetes or non-insulin-dependent in which the insulin is produced naturally in the body but The cells of the body cannot benefit from it in the utilization of sugar, and treated by taking drugs and medicines that stimulate the cells to respond with insulin, and also the patients take pills throughout their life.
Symptoms that may be present due to elevated blood sugar:
Early effects include: difficulty concentrating in mental activities, decreased quality of vision, loss of weight without known cause.
Advanced and late effects include: recurrent vaginal and genital inflammations and infections, slow healing of wounds and lacerations, nerve damage, cold limbs, and erectile dysfunction.
- Fluid, either by mouth or intravenous injection.
- The use of Insulin helps to reduce the elevated level of blood sugars.
- After the ratio reaches normal, your doctor will look for the cause of the rise and may need to adjust your insulin dose.
- Know the causes and diagnosis through tests to ensure that there is no defect in the proportion of insulin, and can be treated through the use of injections or pills.
- The use of insulin-producing stem cells in the pancreas to cover the body’s need for insulin.
- Eat different types of foods that may help you to maintain and decrease the level of different, unneeded and elevated levels of sugars.
- Sports and exercise is one of the best ways to reduce sugar when rising, so the muscles consume sugar in the blood to produce the energy necessary for movement.
- Do mental activity as a chess playing, solving crosswords, or solving math problems, the brain needs sugar to think and analyze.