Turmeric or Indian saffron is a type of tropical plant that spreads in India, India is the largest producer in addition to Indonesia, turmeric powder is extracted from the plant spines, which are legs grow horizontally under the ground or soil, and the reason for acquiring the distinctive yellow color is due to the presence of curcumin active ingredient, and turmeric powder is characterized by bitter taste, and has many benefits will be identified in this article with highlighting the benefits to diabetics.
The benefits of turmeric powder:
- Treats gastrointestinal disorders.
- Treats asthmatic cases, by mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a cup of warm milk.
- Strengthens the immune system of the body.
- It protects against diseases, because it contains many antioxidants.
- It helps healing of wounds and sores and is considered a good natural cleanser.
- Whitens skin, removes stains on the skin, maintains skin moisture, and eliminates dehydration.
- Treats skin infections of all kinds.
- Increases the production of vital enzymes that detoxify the blood, so it is very important to maintain the health of the liver that performs that function.
- Contributes to the metabolism of fat, which saves the body from grease and excess weight.
- It treats intestinal infections, most importantly ulcerative colitis.
- Reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood, thus reducing the incidence of heart disease and arterial disease.
- Treats the parasites that may exist inside the intestine, and also treats the stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcers.
- Treatment of severe depression, and may be stronger than drugs used in the treatment of depression, in addition to the curcumin in it increases the proportion of serotonin in the brain.
- Used as a spice.
Turmeric Benefits for Diabetics:
Turmeric contains many antioxidants as mentioned earlier. These substances reduce insulin resistance and reduce blood sugar levels, thus preventing type 2 diabetes. In addition, turmeric controls the level of glucose, which increases the effect of drugs used in the treatment of diabetes. It should be noted that the use of turmeric with strong drugs for treatment of diabetes will have the greatest impact on the decline in blood sugar significantly, as some studies have shown.